Placing sustainability at the heart of our offering
Our sustainability pledge
Our employee-owned business is committed to enabling the creation of better, sustainable homes by delivering trusted, impartial advice via themed events, educational exhibits and courses to local, regional and national audiences.
We will facilitate new connections, and enhance existing partnerships, to share our collective knowledge with individuals and groups.
We will identify and encourage sustainability champions – both external and internal - who will help share their personal stories and motivations and inspire us to follow our values.
So far we are proud to have:
- Introduced 6 EV charging points in our main front carpark with a promise of tripling this facility within the year.
- Installed LED lighting throughout the Centre; including 138 hi-bay lamps within our 67,000ft2 arena and our reception and theatre have been converted to low energy LEDs.
- Implemented a recycling scheme throughout the Centre.
- Undertaken a research trip to Ireland to gain a deeper understanding of retrofitting existing properties - and how the homeowner can be supported.
- Committed to sponsor the Big Art Trail (Swindogs) in 2023, with our focus on practical (and affordable) energy-efficiency solutions for Swindon/Local residents.
- Continued running one free monthly webinar for our audience on a range of sustainable homebuilding topics, alongside our in-person events.
Our upcoming plans include:
- We will commit to installing Solar PV panelling across the Centre's roof
- We will honour our commitment to installing an enhanced EV charging infrastructure (post installation of the Solar PV).
To help us stay committed and deliver on our promises, we have identified a number of ‘Sustainability Champions’
- Robert Barnard-Weston - the ‘Grandfather of Sustainability’
- Team NSBRC's Harvey and Katy are committing to enhance their own individual knowledge.
We're also working in partnership with a number of organisations with a genuine knowledge in the field: