EcoCocon is a construction system based on the cradle to cradle philosophy, making the best of natural materials – timber, straw and clay – while ensuring maximum indoor comfort and energy-efficiency.
The EcoCocon wall system is a certified Passivhaus component. The main building blocks are structural timber-straw wall elements that are made to measure for every project. An integral part of the system is the use of an airtight, yet fully diffusion-open membrane on the outside of the panels. The system is certified together with a humidity-regulating natural clay plaster on the interior side.
- Carbon-storing construction from 98% natural renewable materials
- Excellent indoor air quality
- Super-insulated diffusion-open walls
- High acoustic insulation
- Custom-made to fit any design
- Prefabricated for simple and rapid installation
The EcoCocon’s natural construction system holds several certificates including Cradle to Cradle and the German Passivhaus standard.